Court Orders

Legal Process

Winning a judgment is not always the end of the story. Sometimes the judgment winner must pursue enforcement of the court order in order to collect what's owed to them. It might be for child support, alimony, stocks, real estate, bank accounts, part of a business, or other types of valuables.

It may be necessary to hire an attorney to get compliance of a court order. Attorneys have different legal options they can use to enforce a judgment such as wage garnishment, attaching bank accounts, or continue negotiations with the debtor if that person doesn't have the means to pay.

In texas, there is a legal process that must be followed in order to win or enforce a judgment. Sometimes the process can take longer than expected to complete, sometimes several years. It's urgent that the process be started as soon as possible to receive your settlement quicker.

You finally got your case settled and the judge ordered the other party to pay you money or transfer property to you. Case closed, right? Not necessarily. Sometimes the other party still refuses to comply with the court order.

If you find yourself in a situation where you need a court order enforced for child support payments, alimony payments, or a division of property and you live in the state of Texas, contact a licensed family law attorney Fort Worth who specializes in Texas collection laws. They can get your judgment enforced fast.